The oldest parish registers date back to 1660.
According to an inventory of 1747, another church would have existed on the town, in the hamlet of "Villedieu", lost in the middle of the woods in the northeast. There was no trace left in 1910.
On the hill called "les Justices", we noted the presence of many skeletons without burials.
In 1789, on the eve of the Revolution, Saint-Romain issued a notebook of grievances, like many parishes.